The EB-2 category for Aliens of Exceptional Ability is for individuals who will substantially benefit the U.S. based on their exceptional abilities in the arts, sciences, or business, and who have an employment offer from a U.S. employer. However, unlike the National Interest Waiver EB-2 category, In order to apply as an EB-2 Exceptional Ability Alien, the individual must be petitioned by a U.S. employer, who must apply for a labor certification document through the Department of Labor. Exceptional ability is defined as professional expertise significantly above that ordinarily found in the field of sciences, arts, or business. In reality, this means that someone of exceptional ability is an individual who has excelled above his or her professional peers as evidenced by at least three (3) of the following:
- A degree or other academic certificate in the field related to the individual’s area of exceptional ability
- Letters from current or former employers evidencing at least 10 years of experience in the field
- A professional license or certification in the field
- Evidence that the individual has commanded a high salary based on his or her exceptional ability
- Membership to professional organizations or associations
- Recognition of achievements, awards, and significant contributions to the field by peers, government entities, and/or professional or business organizations
Surowitz Immigration, P.C.’s knowledgeable and experienced EB-2 green card attorneys have a solid record of assisting individuals acquire successful EB-2 green card results. If you have questions about obtaining a EB-2 green card, exceptional ability green card, or would like more information, contact us today.