Marriage-Based Citizenship

Lawful permanent residents (green card holders) who are married to a United States citizen can apply for marriage-based citizenship and naturalize after only three years after first being granted permanent or conditional permanent resident status, rather than the usual five. This is provided their spouse has been a U.S. citizen for at least three years, they have been married to each other for at least three years, and the applicant has been living with their U.S. citizen spouse as husband and wife during that three year period.

Surowitz Immigration, P.C.’s marriage-based citizenship attorneys have a longstanding record of positive outcomes in relation to the marriage-based naturalization processes. If you have questions about applying for marriage-based citizenship or would like more information, contact us today.