F-1 Visa Attorney

F-1 Visa Attorney

The F-1 student visa is for those who are coming to the United States to pursue full-time academic or vocational education. An F-1 visa can be obtained by intending students of United States colleges and universities, high schools, for language training, and for other academic programs.

Students in F-1 visa status are admitted for the duration of their academic program plus a grace period thereafter of 60 days. They may also change, extend, or begin new academic programs while in the United States provided they coordinate the appropriate visa paperwork through their school.

F-1 visa holders can also be granted between 12 and 29 months of post-program completion employment authorization to gain practical experience in their field of study. This is called Optional Practical Training (F-1 OPT).

If you are a referring attorney or an individual who feels that he or she may wish to apply for an F-1 student visa, feel free to call one of our office locations and one of our immigration lawyers will be happy to have a brief and open discussion with you about the general appropriateness of the F-1 visa process as related to your particular circumstances.

The U.S. F-1 visa attorneys at Surowitz Immigration, P.C. are highly experienced assisting individuals obtain student visas to enter the United States to pursue educational opportunities. If you have questions about obtaining a student visa or would like more information, contact us today.