EB-2 Green Card Attorney for Advance Degree Professionals

The EB-2 green cards Advanced Degree Professionals visa category is for professionals holding an advanced educational degree or its equivalent, and who have a job offer from a U.S. employer. The prospective position must also require an advanced degree, which the individual must either possess or its equivalent. Equivalency generally refers to a bachelor’s degree plus five years of post-degree related work experience. The work experience must be progressive, meaning that the responsibilities and complexity of the work experience have increased over time. A foreign degree must be evaluated to determine whether it is equivalent to its U.S. counterpart.

An EB-2 applicant may also be eligible for an EB-3 Professional Worker visa, however the EB-2 is often preferable when applicable as the backlogs are usually substantially less than the EB-3 category. Like all other Employment-based immigrant visa categories, those approved for EB-2 green cards are eligible to apply for legal permanent resident status as are their spouse and minor children.

Surowitz Immigration, P.C.’s EB-2 green card attorneys have a longstanding record of positive outcomes in relation to the EB-2 green card processes. If you have questions about obtaining an advanced degree professionals green card or would like more information, contact us today.