K-1 Visa Attorney

U.S. Immigration law provides for K-1 Fiancé visas for foreign nationals to come to the United States to marry a U.S. citizen and then apply for permanent residence (Adjustment of Status).

To obtain a K-1 visa for his or her fiancé, an U.S. citizen must file a petition (Form I-129F, Petition for Relative or Fiancé) with the United State Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) Service Center having jurisdiction over the place of the petitioner's residence in the United States. Unlike the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Spouse, a K-1 Fiancé/e petition may not be submitted (under certain circumstances) directly to a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad.

Learn more about K-1 visas - finance visas in our K-1 Visa FAQS section.

Surowitz Immigration, P.C.’s K-1 visa attorneys have a strong track record of obtaining successful K-1 visa outcomes for our clients. If you have questions about obtaining a fiance visa or would like more information, contact us today.